Thursday, January 27, 2011

GONE THE SUN

The book has been going well and, thankfully, the comments on it are excellent. Gotta tell you, I couldn't be happier. Should you stumble upon this and you haven't read the novel, please do and let me know what you think of it.

Just back from a whirlwind vacation in San Francisco and Phoenix. Bonnie Cohen threw a wonderful dinner party for a few of those in our 6th grade class (no, she isn't old..I was her teacher.) Had a great time with her, Barbara Scheinman, Neil Cramer, Mark Horowitz and another refugee from the frozen north, Don Greif. Great company, great food...great evening.

I also spent some quality time with my nephew Dylan, his wife Anna (who could not be closer to me if she were a blood relative) and their two beautiful kids, Shane and Soren. Dylan and I took a walk up and down the hills around their home catching up for lost time.

After that, on to Phoenix with a short but very pleasant visit with my sister and then back to NYC just missing the latest storm by hours.

And that's it for now.

3 comments:

Andy B said...

Just bought it. Looking forward to reading it.

Unknown said...

Dear Mr. Laffel (wish I felt comfortable calling you "Jeff"), I just purchased your novel and am so looking forward to reading it. My sister, Laura Surval, clearly remembers you from DB and EMHS and would like a copy for herself, too, so I will be back on Amazon shortly to ship her one. Keep in touch.
Fondly,
Mark Surval

PS...So, so sorry to hear about your loss of Willie. I, too, cremated my beloved cat, Spratt, and not a day goes by without my contemplating near his ashes in my living room, on top of the TV, his favorite spot. Just recently my vet called me since two sister kittens were born and I fell in love all over again. Olivia and Becky are certainly not Spratt, but new members of my family nonetheless. Regards for now.....
Mark

Nathan Reagan said...

Great meeting you last night! Can't wait to read it!